It has been a long, hot summer but autumn is just around the corner. That means holidays are drawing to a close and work is very much back on the agenda. Before you know it, it will be time to swap those cover-ups for cardigans and sandals for socks!
A new season is the perfect excuse to give your wardrobe a refresh, and where better to start than some autumn/winter workwear staples that are perfect as you go from the boardroom to post-work drinks. Here is a list of the pieces that we’re loving to help guide you through the new season.
- Navy Stripe Blazer, River Island, £68
- Neutral Double Breasted Blazer, Marks & Spencer, £65
- Brown Check Smart Double Breasted Blazer, New Look, £32.99
A go-to blazer is an essential part of any office wardrobe and can be easily worn over trousers, a skirt or even as part of a full suit if you’re feeling brave! Whether it’s an on-trend checked blazer like the one we’ve picked out from New Look or a more classic, neutral design like the two from River Island and M&S, a blazer is a must-have this season.
- Khaki Faux Suede Pencil Skirt, River Island, £32
- Black Patch Pocket Front Split Pencil Midi Skirt, Marks & Spencer, £29.50
- Checked Wool Skirt, Laura Ashley, £65
A skirt can be extremely versatile and sticking to classic patterns and neutral tones will make it even more adaptable. A classic pencil skirt is an office favourite and we’re loving the options in River Island and M&S, but an A-line skirt, such as the one we’ve picked out from Laura Ashley, can work just as well for a more playful feel.
- Monochrome Print Mix Dress, Next, £35
- Cornflower Blue/Floral Patterned Wrap Dress, H&M, £39.99
- Black Stevie Spot Print Shirt Dress, Monsoon, £60
A dress can be a great way of adding pattern, texture and colour to your workwear wardrobe. Even taking a summer dress and combining it with a pair of tights and boots can be an easy way of transitioning your wardrobe from summer to autumn.
- Monochrome Oxford Spot Jumpsuit, Laura Ashley, £100
- Navy jumpsuit with a tie belt, H&M, £39.99
- Black button front belted jumpsuit, New Look, £24.99
As the inevitable colder weather sets in, you may want to opt for trousers rather than a skirt, and a jumpsuit is a great way to do that. A jumpsuit is the ultimate comfy outfit that can be thrown on in a matter of seconds on those brisk autumn mornings, Laura Ashley, H&M and New Look all have some great options of one of our go-to office favourites.
- Black pointed mules, Topshop, £29
- Wide fit slip-on trainers, Marks & Spencer, £35
- Black Hexagonal Sculpture Heel Boots, Topshop, £89
Shoes get a little trickier in the autumn months because of just how variable the weather can be. Our advice is to get yourself some good basics that mean you can survive the tricky weather. A versatile pair of boots, some trendy trainers and comfortable flats will keep you going all the way through the season.
These are our top picks for the season, however, do keep an eye out for other trends hitting the high street in the coming months.
Animal print is a must, checks are back and layering is essential!
Stock up now to avoid disappointment!