Holiday season is upon us, and we’re counting down the days to that dreamy getaway! But with the promise of poolside cocktails and easy beach reads comes the annual predicament of packing.
Between the timeless one-piece, the traditional triangle and the return of high-waisted bikini briefs, you’re bound to find a shape that makes you feel like a summer goddess. In case you have some trouble choosing, we’ve pulled together a few favourites from the swimwear on offer at Shrewsbury, so put your out of office on, grab your flamingo float and jump in!
Bikinis for Every Body
When you brave a bikini this summer, make sure it’s one you love! Try monochrome prints for a classic look, gingham for girl-next-door vibes, or go high-waisted if you prefer something with a little more coverage.
- Blue Tropical high Waist Bikini, Peacocks, £18
- Gingham Print Hipster Bikini, M&S, £36.50
- Monochrome Reversible Triangle Bikini, Next, £26
Swimsuits are more fashionable than ever. They can be just as flattering as a two-piece, and they lower the risk of bad tan-lines! Go for a leafy print if you’re feeling tropical, or dare to bare in scoop back stripes, but opt for under-wiring if you need a bit of extra support.
- Floral Shape Enhancing Swimsuit, Next, £32
- Rainbow Stripe High Leg Swimsuit, New Look, £22.99
- Blue Ruched Swimsuit, Yours, £19.99
If you burn easily or you like to keep out of the heat, kaftans and sarongs are the ideal solution. Somewhere between shirt, skirt and dress, kaftans are a breezy essential, perfect for throwing over a swimsuit if you’re nipping to the beach bar.
- Black Tassel Trim Beach Sarong, New Look, £12.99
- Blue Tile Print Kaftan, Peacocks, £14
- Green Palm Print Kaftan, Next, £26
Life’s a Beach Bag
Towel, sunglasses, snacks, book, sun cream… the list goes on! There’s no such thing as a beach bag too big, and there’s no need to sacrifice style for size with these beautiful choices. Straw bags are having a moment this summer, but you can’t go wrong with a classic stripe or a boho macramé shopper.
- Tassel Straw Beach Bag, Peacocks, £15
- Navy Strip Canvas Hobo Bag, Next, £26
- Olive Crochet Tote Bag, New Look, £19.99
Sun, Sea and Sandals
Comfort is key in a heatwave, so aim for something with a little more sole. 90s sliders may be back with a vengeance this summer, but you could always choose a classic black espadrille or a stylish gladiator to mix it up.
- Pink Suede Caged Tie-Up Sandal, River Island, £35
- Gold Metallic Embellished Flatform Sliders, River Island, £35
- Women’s Black Open Toe Espadrille Sandals, Peacocks, £12
We hope you like these pieces as much as we do! Time to get packing…