Reports to: Cleaning Supervisor
Location: Shrewsbury Shopping Centres; Shrewsbury
Salary: £8.26PH 40Hours per week
Purpose of the Role:
The post holder will be required to work flexibly to suit the needs of the business which is to include weekends and bank holidays. This job role is a front facing job role working within the Housekeeping Department. You will need to have proven customer service skills within a busy environment.
Internal Contacts: Site Managers, Regional Managers & Directors, employees & Prospective employees
External Contracts: Customers, clients, Government Agencies and suppliers
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To deliver excellent customer service portraying a positive image for the brand.
- To perform all cleaning tasks in accordance with training and instructions received.
whilst ensuring that the employee does not carry out tasks they have not been trained to perform.
- To be fully flexible to work the needs of the business
- Areas of responsibility include mall area, toilets both public and back of house, back of house cleaning, external perimeter cleans
- Ensure high standards of workmanship and professionalism at all times ensuring the right service is delivered to the client to ensure all audits carried out by the client are passed.
- Ensure they sign in and out via agreed the site procedures to comply with health and safety guidelines
- Ensure the correct Personal Protective Equipment is clean and correctly worn at all times.
- In addition all company uniform is worn at all times to portray the correct company image.
- Ensure work is carried out to the highest standards of health and safety with regards to themselves and that of others by following the company procedures at all times
- Ensure all IFM procedures with regard to holidays and other absences are followed
- Ensure high standards of timekeeping and punctuality as laid out in their terms and conditions of employment
- Adhere to all IFM company policy statements as set out in the site cleaning file
- Adopt a flexible attitude in relation to daily duties
- Undertake any necessary training as required
- Ensure BICS colour coding is adhered to at all times.
- To ensure any hazardous waste is correctly handled and disposed of as per the correct method statement i.e. sharps, bodily fluids
- Ensure adherence to legislation e.g. COSHH and dilution rates
- Any other reasonable request by your supervisor or line manager
Specific Role Accountabilities
- The jobholder must be self-motivated.
- He/she must be able to use his/her own initiative.
- The job holder must be proactive, and also have the ability to react to customer demands
- He/she must be organised and able to manage his/her own time effectively.
- Must be able to communicate with people at all levels
- The jobholder must present a professional image at all times
- B. Core tasks are as above, although this list is not exhaustive.
|Qualifications & Experience|
Good Level of Standard English and Math
Good Level of Standard English and Maths
NVQ, Customer service level 1, 2,
BICSc . but not essential as full training will be given to the right candidate
In the Cleaning business/ industry
In the Cleaning business/ industry
|Skills & Abilities (Competencies)|
|What’s important to us is the right person with the right attitude.
We want someone who is personally responsible; completes work in a timely, consistent manner; works hours necessary to suit the needs of the business ; is regularly present and punctual; arrives prepared for work; is committed to doing the best job possible.
We want all our team members to respond effectively to customer questions; resolve customer problems to the customer’s satisfaction; respects all internal and external customers; uses a team approach when dealing with customers and commits to exceeding customer expectations through excellent service
Works harmoniously with others to get a job done; responds positively to instructions and procedures; and is able to work well with staff, co-workers, peers and managers.
We require a forward thinking individual to have enthusiasm, show initiative when needed, have exceptional communication skills, and to be professional at all times.
Personal motivation – Commits self to work hard towards goals, shows enthusiasm and career commitment.
Team Commitment – Positive participation towards team ethos and team objectives. Publicly supports management decisions and agreed actions.
Flexibility – Successfully adapts to changing demands and conditions.
Interpersonal sensitivity – Interacts with others in a sensitive and effective way. Respects and works well with others.
Operating with integrity – Acts with professionalism and integrity at all times when dealing with others, demonstrating a fully responsive and co-operative manner in order to deliver the highest level of internal and external service
Communication skills – speaks clearly, fluently and in a compelling manner to both individuals and groups.
If interested in applying for the role, please email an up-to-date copy of your CV to [email protected]