Prepare to turn heads this Summer with the help of Collective locals Portofolio and Bethany’s Boutique. From restaurants to weddings, festivals to midnight balls – our Collective fashionistas have got you covered!
Top Summer trends for 2022 include:
- Bright bold colours such as yellow & purple
- Garments with cut-outs to tease a bit of skin (watch your tan lines with this one!)
- Flouncy dresses for that airy feel in the hot sun
- Halter tops and mini skirts
- Multi-layered jewellery – if you got it then flaunt it!
But really – summer is about dressing confidently in what makes you feel like your best comfy self. We caught up with Georgia, the director at Portofolio, who shared with us the core fashion beliefs of this wonderful independent boutique!
- When the garment suits the body, we create fashion.
- The ladies should be comfortable first in what they’re wearing and when that happens it looks amazing on!
- The tip is to find clothing that can be dressed up or down with different accessories so that it results in having the opportunity to wear it on all the different occasions.
- A nice pair of white pumps could make a dress every day look great for work or a day in town.
There’s nothing like shopping in-store to feel the texture and material of your next summer pieces, so head down to The Collective to find your next fashion gem!
Get a glimpse of each store’s wonderful collections on their socials:
The Collective is based on the ground floor of The Darwin (opposite wilko) and can be easily accessed from the Raven Meadows Car Park. You will find Bethany’s Boutique and Portofolio on the right-hand side inside The Collective. Make sure you have a good peruse around while you’re inside – The Collective is full of interesting independent shops!